about art, automobiles, interiors and more...

Sunday, July 10, 2016

A barn find?

A few weeks back a dear friend of mine asked me if I would like to join him go see a 1959 Mercedes-Benz 190SL in a small Oklahoma town, south of Oklahoma City. A car nut I am, how could I say no. My friend said if I could photograph the car as well and give my 2 cents on the value/condition of the car, it would be an added bonus.

The owner of the car passed away some years back and the widow wants to sell the car but needed an independent opinion on the car. The car was stored at a European car mechanic shop for past eight years. It was an interesting trip, the car is at a junction, where either it can be used as a parts car or some brave person can get a full restoration done. Full restoration can cost way north of hundred thousand dollars and considerable amount of time. Even with a ceased engine, rust, missing soft top, busted tires and rotted interior there is a $25,000/- offer on the car.



4 comments: