about art, automobiles, interiors and more...

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Coco Chanel

A lot has been said and written about Gabrielle Coco Chanel, I am nobody to add anything, it is just that, like millions of people I too am intrigued by her personality. Women look at her as a fashion icon and founder of house of Chanel who gave them Chanel no 5 and liberation from frilly long skirts. As a man I admire her for her courage, business acumen and creativity. Coming from a very humble background, in a male dominant world of early 20th century, she achieved what many men could not.

One aspect of her life I find very interesting is, she lived in Ritz, Paris suite # 302 for 37 years. Though she had her apartment on top of her boutique at Rue Cambon 31. I have traveled considerably and stayed in some fine hotels, sometimes for weeks, it was always boring after a few days. I wonder did she ever get bored at the Ritz?

There is no doubt she was a remarkable women, who lived a remarkable life.

Her apartment pictures below:

Chanel and Dali on the stairs
Her suite at Ritz, Paris:





Picture credits: Conde nast, Google etc.

7 comments:

  1. I, too, am an admirer of Chanel. She made a woman's world better and more glamorous than any designer I know of - and her No. 5 remains my favorite scent. Thanks for sharing her apartment photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. K Murray-Lindsey thanks for your comments. Chanel was a remarkable woman no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is great! I adore her style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love CoCo Chanel! She is an amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gostaria muito de conhecer o atelier de" Coco Chanel"!!!!
    É um sonho de infância!!!

    ReplyDelete