about art, automobiles, interiors and more...

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Cary Grant


“I think being relaxed all times, and I mean relaxed, not collapsed, can add to the happiness and duration of one’s life and looks. And relaxed people are fun to be around”. Cary Grant

And relaxed he was, all his 82 years of life and fun he was to be around with.  And even now 26 years after his death, he is fun when you watch his movies; he is relaxed when you look at his photos.

Cary Grant was a gentleman, a style icon, a great movie star, a great father and a great man.



At age 5


On the set



You don't lose your identity up on the screen. It's always you...  CG
The Philadelphia Story

The Grass is Greener

NYC, shooting North by Northwest

With Grace Kelly in "To catch a Thief"

Gregory Peck, Joanne Woodward, Paul Newman, Sophia Loren, Doris Day (back to camera), Cary Grant, Ronald Reagan and Dorothy Malone listening to dir. Parker during rehearsals for 30th annual Academy Awards show at the RKO Pantages theater
If you want to be an actor, my advice is to learn your lines and don't bump into other actors... CG
With Katharine Hepburn

With Ingrid Bergman

Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant

Cary Grant and Marilyn Monroe
How the devil do I know what I would have become if hadn't become an actor? CG

Cary Grant in "Male War-bride"

katharine Hepburn and Cary Grant on the set 

Cary, Eva, Hitchcock and James

Hepburn, Cary and Stewart

Cary and  Priscilla Lane

Rock Hudson, Cary Grant, Marlon Brando and Gregory Peck
Clark Gable, Cary Grant, Bob Hope and Sir David Niven

The only really good thing about acting in movies is that there is no heavy lifting. CG
 Cary and Virginia Cherrill

Cary and BarbaraHutton

Cary and BetsyDrake

Cary and Dyan Cannon

Cary and Barbara Harris
I could have gone on acting and playing a grandfather or a bum, but I discovered more important things in life. I retired when I became a father because I didn't want to miss any part of my daughter's growing up. Jennifer is the best production I ever made. CG


Cary Grant and daughter Jennifer Grant

I'm too busy living my life to write about it. CG
In Father Goose

North by Northwest
To Catch a Thief 

Charade

With Tony Curtis in Operation petticoat



Credits: google, evenings wit cary grant etc.

2 comments: